Thursday, September 8, 2011

Italy


"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie... that amore..."

So over three years ago I studied abroad in Italy for the semester.  It was an incredible experience! I went with the College of Human Sciences.  There were 22 of us altogether, 20 girls and 2 boys.  Most of us were Interior Design or Apparel Design majors so there were not many boys in our college.  Anyway, now that three years have passes since I went I am FINALLY printing off my pictures and putting them in an album! (FYI: Snapfish is having a sale on prints.... one penny for each 4x6) 

All of this looking at pictures has me remembering how much fun it was to live in Ariccia.  Each week we learned about different places in Italy and then we would visit those places as a class.  Here are some fun pics from my study abroad experience :)

Beware... You are about to enter memory lane with me...

Beware... I posted WAY too many pics :)

With my roomates on the bridge overlooking the valley below in Arricia
We WILL return to Rome again :)
Incredible sight to see
Valentines day dinner at our favorite restaurant
Also an incredible sight to see
We are strong!!
View from Mount Vesuvius
In Sicily visiting temples
Beautiful Statues ;)
In Assisi
View from the top of the Duomo in Florence
Philip came to visit me :)
At a tapas bar in Spain
Visiting a house designed by Mies  van der rohe in Spain

Gaudi in Spain
In Venice
Gondola ride in Venice
Aparativo in Milan
In Prague
Horseback riding through Italian countryside
Amy's horse was lagging behind ;)
With my wonderful roomies
Interior Design Girls
View of Arricia where we lived :)
P.S. Stay tuned.  Philip and I bought a house in Mobile and I have started redecorating... Will be posting pics and progress soon!


2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss Italy and all of you! Greg and I talk about the day we can take our family over there to see everything!

    I am so excited to hear about the house! I am sure that it is gorgeous and will be even more beautiful when you get done with it!!

    How's Philip's teaching gig going? Tell everyone we said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Jenn! I am so happy for you. What a fabulous experience.

    ReplyDelete