Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bookshelves

One thing Philip and I loved about this house was the built-in TV/bookshelves in the Family Room.  We love that its right by the fire place so we can face the TV and the fire place at the same time.  We also love that the TV does not have to go over the fireplace and so this allows us to put a painting over the fireplace :)  I am still not sure what painting we are going to put but we have one just sitting there for now.  Here are the bookshelves before.  

I decided to paint behind the bookshelves to really make them stand out.  I painted them a color that matches the new fabric we are putting in the Family Room.  First I removed the shelves I could and then taped around the boarder of the built-ins. 


I told you Joseph was helping me redecorate the house :)  



All done!!


Now here it is filled with out favorite things :)


We also painted the two bedrooms that were blue an yellow.  We painted them a neutral cream because they will be a guest room and Joseph's room.  Here is what they look like with a fresh coat of paint!




2 comments: