Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fabrics

Our house is a little bare right now.  Most of our furniture is being reupholstered and I am so excited about getting it back soon! It was so much fun picking out that fabrics for everything.  I am going to label the two rooms Living Room and Family Room.  

The Living Room

Our furniture for the Living room came from my Grandparents.  We have had it in storage and it was still the same floral pattern they originally put on it.  There is a three seater sofa and two chairs with two matching ottomans.  The living room is technically called the "Formal Living Room" but I think that both rooms will end up being "play rooms" so I don't want to make one room formal when it will soon be covered in toys.  I chose fabrics that are fun and playful but can also look more formal when the room is clean.  This room is carpeted and is rather large.  I first found this bird fabric that I decided I wanted to design the room around.  It has so many colors in it and feels playful.  We are having pillows made out of it and I am also going to make three window treatments out of it for the three windows in the Living and Dining Room.  


From this I looked all around for fabrics to re-upholster the couch and two chairs with two ottomans.  I found a beautiful stripe fabrics for the couch.  Then I found a pattern with circles for the two chairs.  There was not enough for both chairs and ottomans :(  But the solution to this problem made me even more excited! I then found a beige fabric that matches the beige in the circle fabric.  I am having the actual chairs recovered in the beige fabrics and the cushions on the chairs as well as the ottoman are going to be in the circle fabric.  


Here are all of the fabrics together :) 



Family Room fabrics coming soon... Joseph needs his momma now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment