Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Meals

There is nothing better than a warm summer day followed by a delicious summer meal!  I have such wonderful memories of summers growing up on Westover Ave.  I can remember playing outside all day long and coming home to wonderful meal made by the best mom in the world complete with meat grilled by the best dad in the world :)  Today my new little family enjoyed just that.  Even though we don't have a backyard (yet) and we live in a very little apartment (for now), it felt so wonderful to make a summer meal for my family and enjoy it together.  

So... what was on our menu tonight??


Barbecue chicken, seven layer salad, and fresh watermelon :)

We even had a desert of pound cake with homemade whipped cream and fresh strawberries!

Soon the Martin's will be moving to Mobile and I cannot wait to enjoy our meals outside on the patio or deck or even on a picnic blanket.  I also cannot wait to watch my kids make a mess eating ice cream for dessert and then have a fun bath time before bed :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment