Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fabrics in the Family Room

We used to have a large sectional in our family room that many of my followers probably remember.  It was a wonderful couch but it was too soft for Philips back (he had back surgery about a year and a half ago).  We decided to find a firmer couch so that we could actually sit together during our movie nights instead of philip needing to sit in a supportive chair or our loveseat couch.  Anyway, my parents had another couch that they did not need and had it recovered for my birthday :)  The fabric we chose is brown because I like how it will hide spills as our children grow up.   It is also very sturdy.  I chose and Ikat pattern fabric for our window treatments and pillows.  Then I just picked out two other fabrics for pillows.  We have a love seat couch as I mentioned earlier that I was hoping matched all of these fabrics as well as a lazy boy rocker which was the perfect piece of furniture to have when joseph was born.  It all goes which is great for now.  I would love to one day recover the love seat but for now it will do :) 

Ikat fabric for pillows and window treatments

The brown is for the couch, Ikat is for window treatments, and the other
 two are for pillows.

I then made a Valence for the Family Room with the Ikat Fabric.  
I used some scrap fabric to line the back of the Valence.  


Here it is hanging in our house :)



I have only made one pillow with our new fabrics.  I am waiting on the couch to come in to see how I want to arrange the furniture before I make any more.  


There you have it... all of my ideas for our Family Room.  Check back soon to see pics of the space once our couch arrives and see how it all looks together! 

Hope your having a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment