Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Im seeing stripes :)

I was so excited about our Foyer when we bought our house.  I have been itching for about the past 5 years or so to paint horizontal stripes in a foyer and NOW I finally can! I like the way horizontal stripes make a room feel wider.  They definitely cannot be used in just any room in a house but I love them when it works!  To make it easy on myself I kept the color of the wall the same because I like the color it was painted before.  I chose a lighter color of the current wall paint for the highlight stripe. 

Foyer Before
I taped the wall first, each stripe is 11" wide
Sorry... I forgot to take pics before I started painting... I was just too excited!!

I places a piece of tape in the center of the places I was NOT supposed to paint
The back wall


Drum Roll Please...

The finished product!! Beautiful! 
Looking the other way...


4 comments:

  1. Yowza. Seriously look amazing. Talk about a statement when you walk in the front door. Your house is going to look outstanding...I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It really is incredible how great that looks! Way to use your degree. The house is shaping up nicely! Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenn! That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete