Saturday, September 17, 2011

Life is moving fast...


Its amazing to me how fast time flies.  I cannot believe Joseph is already 7 months old.  He is such a joy in our lives and I  treasure each moment with him.

I just came out from putting him down for a nap.  I just love laying with him before he falls asleep.  He loves to put his hands on my face and lean in so close and snuggle.  I love to pray out loud for him, for his daddy and for myself.  I thank God for him and for our family.

It's sad that I am often times scared to tell this to people because I will then be told what I am doing wrong... that I shouldn't lay with him, he won't learn to fall asleep on his own or some other opinion.  Its sad that I am scared to tell people Joseph sleeps with me for fear of being judged or scolded because Philip and I "need our own space".  Everyone has a different way of raising their family.  In my opinion, it really does not matter when you start feeding solids, when or where they go to sleep, if you give them a passy, or when and where you start them in school.  All that really matters is that you love them with your whole heart and do your very best as a parent to lead them to heaven.

Being new parents people always ask Philip and myself what is the hardest part.  We both agree that its the unasked opinions and unwanted advice people give as to what we need to do and how other people are doing it wrong.  Don't get me wrong I love advice.  I love watching my sister and her friends raise their families.  I love hearing friends family stories.  I also love getting advice when I need it and feeling reassured when I hear other families are going through the same problems as we are.


Philip and I have decided that we want to be a close nit family.  We only have a few precious years with Joseph while he is a young child.  I have heard from my parents, aunts and uncles to enjoy each minute with Joseph and our young family because these are the best years of our life.  I am trying to do just that as I know many other young families are doing.

Sweet moments
At the end of my life I want to have done everything in my power to ensure that I lead my family to heaven and will see them there one day.  It won't matter how I did it, what school they went to, where they slept, what sports they played, or what cool vacations we went on.  I want to have loved my family as much as I can love, given as much to my family as I can give and prayed for my family as much as I can pray... That is all that really matters in the end :)

What a big boy in his high chair playing with puzzles :)
My loves :)

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post Jen! I know you are an amazing mother and Joseph is truly blessed to have such beautiful and holy parents. Your priorities are all in just the right place. (and I'm with you, unwanted advice and opinions are definitely the hardest. Especially to receive graciously...even when you really don't want to). You're one good momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing, Jen! I love to hear how the Lord is blessing your sweet little family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a good mama!!! I love that Joseph puts his hands on your face while he falls asleep!!! That will be one of those amazing memories that you will have forever!! :) God Bless you guys, I love seeing all three of you - it's a joy to have you here in Mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 7 months already! I'm with you, I want to enjoy every second when we have children.

    ReplyDelete