Monday, February 13, 2012

It's Almost Here!!

Joseph's birthday is wednesday and I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by!  Each day I have been remembering what I was doing a year ago... coughing on the couch with bronchitis and waiting patiently for Joseph to arrive :) 


I keep forgetting valentines day is tomorrow because I am so so so excited for Joseph's birthday.  

We are having a small birthday party on Saturday but I cannot help celebrating on Wednesday as well.  I mean I worked very very hard to deliver Joseph a year ago and since the memory is still so fresh in my head I am going to celebrate both days.  I know mothers are supposed to be so selfless but being on the other side (having a child) I think that I should be celebrated on Wednesday as well... I mean why don't we get gifts for our mothers on our birthdays?  At least a phone call saying thank you for choosing life and carrying me for 9 months and then working so hard to deliver me... 

Anyway... I am just so excited for Wednesday. 

I can remember being in labor and all I wanted (besides meeting Joseph) was and Arby's beef and cheese sandwich.  I have no idea why but I kept talking about it but I of course could not eat a thing so I think I am going to have Arby's on Wednesday for lunch to celebrate (I may regret it later but oh well).

I will talk more about this later in my Happy Birthday Joseph post but I just can't help but put it now as well.  It is incredible how much Joseph has changed our lives for the better.  He is truly a miracle and I am so thankful to God for the gift of his life and his wonderful happy spirit :)  His precious smile reminds me of how blessed I am each day.  And each day when I am exhausted it gives me a chance to realize that I CANNOT do it with the help of my God.  Joseph leads me closer to Christ each day.

So I guess to conclude I am realizing that Joseph does give me a gift each day for working so hard to deliver him.  He leads me to heaven each day which is the greatest gift of all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment