Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Whistle while you work


Its been pretty busy around the Martin house lately.  We have been up to our elbows in projects.  It all started when I decided I wanted to work on my sewing skills.  


My first project... 


Window Treatments :)


I found some fabric on sale at Jo-Ann Fabrics that I loved and decided to make window treatments.  The fabric is very busy so I didn't want it to cover the whole window.  I also wanted to add some height to our dining area to make the room look larger.  I knew that I wanted a solid fabric in the middle of my window treatment and the pattern somehow at the top and bottom.  I wanted a cream fabric for the majority of the drapery treatment and after looking around realized that it would be easier and cheaper to buy something simple at target and add some special touches to it.  Here are some pictures my project :)
Here is a picture showing me adding fabric to
the bottom to make it hit the floor.
I made hanging tabs out of the patterned fabric
 and sewed them to the top of the cream
window treatment.


All Finished :)
Another view of the finished window treatments.






2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I will have to get tips from you about sewing. I have asked for a sewing machine for Christmas and want to make curtains for my bathroom! How are you and baby Joseph and Philip! Give everyone my love!

    ReplyDelete